Are you dealing with reoccurring headaches? To find the best treatment, the first step is to determine the type of headache you are experiencing. Headaches can be a symptom of an underlying medical condition. There are other times when there is no clear cause. Chiropractic care can give you the headache relief that you need. At Great Plains Chiropractic, we have years of experience providing headache relief to residents of Fargo and the surrounding areas.request an appointment
Types of Headaches & Treatment
Here is a list of chronic headaches that can occur daily:
- Primary stabbing headaches – These headaches only last for a few seconds and can happen a few times throughout the day.
- Hemicrania continua – These headaches are one-sided but can feel similar to a migraine.
- Primary exertional headache – These headaches are caused by exercise.
- Chronic paroxysmal hemicranias – These headaches are sharp and one-sided. They can cause congestion and tearing.
- Medication overuse headaches – These headaches are caused by overusing pain meds for headaches for at least three months consecutively. These headache types occur at least 15 days out of the month.
Other types of headaches include:
- Cluster headaches
- Tension headaches
Depending on the headache type, treatment may consist of:
- Massage therapy
- Resting in a dark, quiet room
- Hot or cold compressions on your head or neck
- Small amounts of caffeine
Chiropractors may perform one or more of the following procedures to provide you with headache relief:
- Spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments – These help with the improvement of spinal function. Chiropractic care also helps to decrease stress on your system.
- Nutritional counseling – Our chiropractor may recommend diet changes and adding B complex vitamins to your diet as well. They may also give you advice on posture, relaxation techniques, and exercises. This should help give the muscles of the neck and upper back some relief.
Our chiropractor may also perform:
- Soft tissue therapy
- Manual therapy
- Electrical stimulation
Chiropractor in Fargo
If you deal with frequent headaches, consider treatment from our chiropractor. You may also be a good candidate if you notice changes in the frequency or severity of your headaches. Of course, if you have a headache that is severe and sudden and is accompanied by a stiff neck, weakness, numbness, or difficulty speaking you should seek emergency medical attention right away. For more information about headache relief or to schedule an appointment, call us at (701) 234-0057.