At Great Plains Chiropractic, we understand how difficult it can be to manage neck pain. This is why which is why we are dedicated to helping our patients find the relief they need. If you're searching for a chiropractor in the Fargo area, we are ready to assist you Read on to learn what causes neck pain and how we treat it.
What Causes Neck Pain?
There are many causes of neck pain, but some of the most common include:
- Muscle strain: Neck pain is often caused by poor posture or incorrect sleeping position. It can also be caused by activities that require repetitive motion, such as working at a computer or playing a musical instrument.
- Whiplash: This is usually caused by car accidents. Contact sports and other activities that involve sudden impact can also cause whiplash.
- Degenerative disc disease: This occurs when the discs between the vertebrae begin to break down and degenerate. This can be due to aging, injury, or disease.
- Osteoarthritis: This is a form of arthritis that occurs when the cartilage between the joints breaks down.
- Compressed nerves: This can be caused by herniated discs, bone spurs, or other conditions that put pressure on the nerves.
Do I Need Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain?
Chiropractic care can be an effective treatment for neck pain, whether it's caused by muscle strain, whiplash, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, or compressed nerves. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to treat neck pain, such as gentle spinal manipulation, massage, and stretching to help you find relief.
There are certain signs that you need to see a chiropractor for neck pain, such as:
- Neck pain that persists for more than a few days
- Neck pain that gets worse with time
- Neck pain that radiates down the arms or legs
- Neck pain that interferes with your daily activities
If you're experiencing any of these signs, don't hesitate to contact Great Plains Chiropractic. We'll work with you to develop a treatment plan that's tailored to your specific needs.
What to Expect at Your First Appointment
At your first appointment, we'll take a thorough medical history and conduct a physical examination. We may also order X-rays or other imaging tests to get a better look at your condition. Once we have all of the information we need, we'll develop a treatment plan that may include spinal manipulation, massage, stretching, and other techniques.
Find Neck Pain Relief Today in Fargo, ND
If you're searching for a chiropractor in Fargo, ND, call Great Plains Chiropractic today at (701) 234-0057 for more information or to schedule an appointment.