At Great Plains Chiropractic, our chiropractor in West Fargo, ND, and the rest of our team know how much this pain can impact your life. Not only is it debilitating, preventing you from going about your day-to-day activities, but it can also be extremely frustrating, as the pain seems to never go away. Fortunately, we can help find a pain management plan that works to help manage your pain, reduce discomfort, and improve your quality of life.
What Causes Low Back Pain?
What exactly causes low back pain? Unfortunately, there isn't always a clear answer. In many cases, the pain is the result of an injury or degenerative condition, such as arthritis. However, there are also several other potential causes, including:
- Herniated discs: When the rubbery discs that act as cushions between the vertebrae in your spine become damaged or start to degenerate, they can rupture or bulge, putting pressure on the nerves around them.
- Degenerative disc disease: This is a condition that results when the discs in your spine begin to break down.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition that occurs when the spaces in your spine narrow, putting pressure on the spinal cord and nerves.
- Sciatica: This is a condition that occurs when the sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back down your leg, becomes compressed or irritated.
How a Chiropractor on Our Team Treats Low Back Pain
There are various effective treatment options available for low back pain, and our team will work with you to develop a treatment plan that best meets your needs. In many cases, chiropractic care can be an extremely effective option, as it is focused on treating the root cause of the problem, rather than just masking the symptoms. Some of the chiropractic techniques that we may use to treat low back pain include:
- Spinal manipulation: This is a technique that involves using gentle pressure and movements to realign the vertebrae in your spine.
- Lifestyle advice: Sometime low back pain is cause by our own ways of living. Poor posture or poor lifting can cause, contribute to, your pain. We can provide advice to avoid these triggers to help increase your pain relief.
- Corrective exercises: We can assign exercises to help you strengthen your low back muscles and make them more flexible. This can help reduce pain and prevent it from getting worse.
Find Relief from Low Back Pain at Great Plains Chiropractic
If you are suffering from low back pain, don't wait any longer to get help. Contact our team at Great Plains Chiropractic, serving West Fargo, ND, to schedule an appointment. Call us at (701) 234-0057 for more information.